Monday, May 5, 2008

May 5, 2008 - The results are in... You ARE the father!

I was beginning to think that Big Mama had a deadbeat partner. But I finally spotted him guarding her and the nest the other night. He's a handsome guy!!


Big Daddy

He keeps out of sight usually. I think he spends most of his time in the back yard, but always within earshot of Mama. I see a Robin at my feeder a lot, I am not 100% sure if this is him but I think it is.

Looks like Lucy is in the incubation stage now, I just saw the four eggs this afternoon. Usually she lays an egg between 11 AM and Noon. If you watch them enough, you can really tell their schedules. Today it seems like she has spent most of her time at the nest rather than eating. When she laid eggs she took a lot of breaks and ate a lot. She isn't doing this much at all now.


Lucy incubating



Big Mama incubating

No comments: